Nursery & your baby’s belongings
You may have a nursery or special room set up for your baby. A room that you would have put a lot of thought and love into setting up. The room may feel so empty and be quite hard to go into or walk past. Your baby’s room may also bring you some comfort and you might find yourself feeling quite to close to your baby in that room. It is a normal reaction to feel this way, if you are having a hard time with making decisions about what you are going to do with your baby’s things and your baby’s room please reach out and talk to someone close to you about your thoughts and feelings.
Here is a list of other families shared thoughts feelings and ideas.
- You do not have to pack up your baby’s nursery or belongings.
- You might like to spend time in your baby’s room.
- If you do want to pack up the room, you might want to do it alone or you could ask your partner, friend or relative to help you.
- You might like to only pack up a few things?
- You might like to keep some things?
- No one should pack up your baby’s belongings or nursery unless you ask them to.
- Is there some items you want to take back to the place of purchase?
- If you do want to you might want to do this yourself or ask someone to do it for you.
- Even in the time ahead you may still like to keep your baby’s things, you do not have to get rid of them.
It is important to know bereaved parents deal with their loss in their own ways in their own time. A very unique individual journey. There is no right or wrong way. We encourage you to go with what feels right for you.